Excuses used when buying women's clothing

Part of CrossDressing is about shopping at the right places at the right prices. Lets hear about your shopping habbits gurls!
Forum rules
CrossDressing Zone is a tasteful and clean forum for people serious about CrossDressing. For this reason we do not allow nudity or foul language. Our moderators check and if required remove Spam daily.

Re: Excuses used when buying women's clothing

Postby DebbieT » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:06 pm

I can pinpoint the exact moment I switched from needing an excuse, to not giving a flying...

It was a couple of days before I was due to go out for the very first time ever as Debbie. I was nervous enough about that. I needed a jacket (this was pre-arms-waxed days), because although the hair on my arms was short, my wife (who didn't know back then, but MUST have had some idea) likes hair. On men. It was also a little nippy, being September. So I wanted a jacket.

I'd tried on-line without finding one I liked, so in desperation I went to Matalan, excuses at the ready and had a high speed look around. I didn't see anything. I did the same at TX MAXX.

I was in New Look next to my office block on September 14th 2012, around lunch time. I know this, as it was the day before I was due to go out, and I was no desperate.

I had to find it in New Look. I had no more time. I decided to not race round. I just walked around. I looked. And I found the perfect jacket. I found it.

But would it fit?

At that moment, I realised I didn't care what other people thought any more. So I tried the jacket on. In the middle of the shop. Nobody cared.

Since then, I've realised, that in general...people don't care. I don't use excuses, I don't worry about browsing.

The only downside with this sudden revelation is that in the past 2 months I've gone from a bedroom CD to a full blown out and about TV.

I know they said it was a slippery slope, but Jeeze! At this rate, my New Year's resolution will be to go to the GRC!

Debbie
DebbieT

Preference: T-Girl

Postby MelissaC » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:43 pm

I used to just say "it's for my wife". Now I tell the truth that it is for me. One time when I was shopping at "The Avenue" I was being helped by a great and talkative sales associate who said she was glad that I told her the truth because they always know anyway. Think about it....dealing with customers all day, every day....it doesn't surprise me that they know who we are really buying for.

Melissa
MelissaC

Preference: Male to Female Crossdresser

Postby Satina » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 pm

I just don't make any excuses and if they get sacastic and ask if that's for me, I just say "yeah!, it is actually. :frrrt: ".

Sod doing the pound shop thing, I like proper girl shopping. Whenever I go into town with anyone and I wander-off somewhere they know they can probably find me in the lingerie & nightwear or dresses section in BHS or Debenhams. ;)
Self proclaimed satin fetishist.
Satina.
Satina

Postby Diana2333 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:28 am

I like to bring a gg friend. It is more fun to shop with someone else, and people probably assume that we are shopping just for her.
Diana2333

Postby pantyboy62 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:34 am

when I cared if people knew, if I was asked I would say it was for the wife. Now I don't give a hoot. I don't usually shop en femme but I do shop in a mix of men's and women's clothes, just enough to garner a "look". No one has said a thing, and it's none of their business anyway. I have tried on clothes at the store, there is no law against a man trying on women's clothes as far as I know, if they wont let you use the women's fitting room then use the men's.
pantyboy62

Postby Anna1976 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27 pm

I've bought skirts before in TKMaxx and shoes.

I just keep calm and try not to get all hot and bothered. I've even gone into Clarks before and bought shoes. No one gave a hoot really, just me. :d

:)
Anna1976

Preference: Transsexual

Postby carol64 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:17 pm

Pay careful attention to what the assistant does while you are stuttering out excuses. They have that glazed bored, whatever, look. They are so not interested. I've given up trying to push excuses at people who aren't listening. Now I just ask for what I want and if they want to chat (showing they are friendly) I tell the truth.
Carol
carol64

Postby DebbieT » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:27 pm

Looking back now, I can't believe that I wrote that thirteen months ago.

Since then, I've even been shopping in a dress.

Wow.

I've just been looking back through my old pictures, and I'm a bit flabbergasted! From having the curtains closed in May 2012, to walking on the beach in Anglesey in July 2012, to my first night out in September 2012, to *that* weekend in November 2012, and joining the wives-who-know-club in December 2012, the second half of last year was quite eventful! 2013 saw me starting to go out in day light to places where the straight people roam, and in May 2013, one year on from my original post on this ... I walked into Wigan town centre and did some clothes shopping.

What the hell was I worried about?

:Debbie
DebbieT

Preference: T-Girl

Postby Sonya1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:43 pm

How about "I'm transgendered and beginning my transition." Truth or not, it disarms them somewhat.
One girl was called Jean Marie/ Another little girl was Felicity /Another little girl was Sally Joy /The other was me, and I'm a boy. (credit to P. Townshend)
Sonya1

Preference: Transvestite

Postby Amanda » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:05 am

I wish I could be brave and just go shopping with out making up excuses, I always say I'm buying for my girlfriend or sister as a gift, always making a point by asking for a gift reciept.
Amanda

PreviousNext

Return to CrossDresser Shopping